Recently updated Nintendo Switch software sales data showed that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate already collected a whopping 12.08 million copies worldwide, making it the third most popular platform game, despite being released only last month.
This figure becomes even more impressive when you realize that the chart below tracks sales only until December 31, 2018 – at that time Smash was on the market for only three weeks. A similar list was published just three months ago, but since then there have been some interesting changes; one such change sees Mario Kart 8 Deluxe speed past Super Mario Odyssey become the best-selling Switch game currently.
Here are the ten best-selling Switch games as of December 31, 2018:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 15.02 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 13.76 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 12.08 million
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 11.68 million
- Pokemon: Let's go, Pikachu! and go, Eve! – 10.00 million
- Platoon 2 – 8.27 million
- Super Mario Pat – 5.30 million
- 1-2-Switch – 2.86 million
- Mario Tennis Aces – 2.53 million
- Kirby Star Allies – 2.42 million
The numbers above include both retail and digital sales worldwide, as well as any copies bundled with the equipment.
Did you expect Smash is already so high on this list? Any surprises elsewhere? Let us know your thoughts on this in the comments.