The Cancer League has compiled a list of 11 measures to reduce the incidence of cancer by 40%.
“We went from 1,000 cases of cancer per day in France in 2013 to 1,100 in 2017. Even mortality is stable thanks to the procedures, the time has come to call for a general mobilization for prevention, ”says Christophe LeRoux, director of communications for the League against Cancer. For their first general meeting, the League has compiled a list 11 "flagship offers" that would fight the explosion of cancer cases.
“At least 40% of cancers can be prevented,” according to Liga, which is a cancer related to behavioral or environmental factors. Therefore, he requests, among other things, measures:
- Creation in General Medical Record (DMP) cancer risk sheet, which will include three components: a occupational hazard sheet, an environmental hazard sheet, and a habitat impact sheet.
- Allocate 10% of national expenditures on health to organized prevention (these expenditures now make up 3%).
- To increase the selling price of alcohol and tobacco acting on the taxes of these products.
- Create a “nutriscore” type label to report risks associated with certain products (household, phytosanitary …).
- To systematically allocate 20% of the amount allocated to cancer research for prevention research.
Reduce wounds caused by viruses.
Another aspiration of the League: to divide into two the numbers of the so-called “viro-induced” cancers, that is, cancers caused by viruses, such as papillomavirus or hepatitis virusIt proposes, in particular, to encourage boys and girls to vaccinate free of charge against the HPV virus from high schools. And to create information campaigns and screening for hepatitis.
Finally, the League Against Cancer wants prevention tools specifically designed for the risk of a second cancer and relapse, are created.
Cancer prevention: products that need to be focused on
Anticancer Diet: 3 Basic Rules