Is this a good or bad number? Here are the keys for you to decide …
Today, the National Institute of Statistics (INE) has published the national unemployment rate for the mobile quarter in August-October, which reached 7.1%. Is this a good or bad number? Here are the keys:
1. Total unemployment rises
– The level of 7.1%, already observed in the previous quarter, is an increase of 0.4 tenths compared to the same period in 2017.
– The unemployment rate for women is about 7%. The increase by one year is more pronounced in the case of unemployment among men, which goes from 6.3% to 6.9%, and among women – from 7.3% to 7.4%.
– The unemployed increased by 6.4%, which is explained by the unemployed (6.0%) and those who are looking for work for the first time (10.6%).
2. Lost flight
– Labor increased by 1.4%, which represents an acceleration compared to 0.9% from July to September, but less than 2.3% a year ago.
– Employed show a similar trend. They grow by 1% – the equivalent of 83,660 people – more than the previous 0.5%, but they are lower than 1.9% twelve months ago. The growth was mainly due to the construction sector (4.0%), housing and food (6.6%) and education (3.0%).
– Private hired work improved by 1.5% – more than in the previous quarter, and amounted to 72,120 people, while the public did it at the rate of 2.7% excluding the previous quarter. In general, a year ago, wage earners grew by 0.8%, which played an important role in the public sector.
3. Improving the quality of employment
– Self-employment adjustment continues: they are now down 0.2%, which represents a turn against the 4.8% increase a year ago. It is assumed that this is a type of occupation with less social protection.
– Part-time volunteers increased by 8.8%, motivated by private employees and the trade, agriculture and fisheries sectors. As a counterpart, 4.2% involuntarily retreated.
4. The North takes the worst part.
Unemployment rose in nine regions – seven – 7.1% – it fell by five and remained in Aisen. In the northern zone of Tarapac, Antofagasta and Atacama, it exceeds 8%. O & # 39; Higgins also joins the 8% club.