It will arrive in December at a relatively affordable price, which will give GoPro strong competition.
DJI announced its latest product, about it Osmo Karman which is a small camera (or “gimbal” with a built-in camera) that competes directly with GoPro in the action camera market.
How to capture the important moments in your life with the quality they deserve? Osmo Pocket is the smallest and smartest portable camera with a three-axis stabilizer DJI and will allow you to turn every moment of your life into a movie. With it, you can share your life in seconds, anytime, anywhere.
This device, which adapts the technology that DJI has already used in its unmanned aerial vehicles, is only 12 centimeters in height and weighs 116 grams, noting that there is an advanced mechanical stabilization system in addition to the digital stabilizer.
The camera has two microphones for recording sound and has a 1 / 2.3 inch sensor with a field of view of 80 °, with the ability to record video at resolutions up to 4 K / 60 frames per second at a speed of 100 Mbps and 12MP photos per pixel size 1.55 microns.
Below you can see their specifications:
- Dimensions – 121.9 × 36.9 × 28.6 mm
- Weight – 116 g
- Sensor – 1.2 / 3 "CMOS
- Effective pixels: 12 MP
- Target – Field of View: 80 ° F2.0
- ISO range – Photo: 100-3200
- Video: 100-3200 100-3200
- Electronic shutter speed – 8 s -1 / 8000 s
- The maximum image size is 4000 × 3000 pixels.
- Shooting modes – single shot, panorama, timeline, movement
- Video resolution – 4K Ultra HD: 3840 × 2160 24/25/30/48/50 / 60p
- FHD: 1920 × 1080 24/25/30/48/50/60
- Video Modes – Auto
- Maximum data transfer rate – 100 Mbps
- Supported file formats – FAT32 (≤ 32 GB) exFAT (> 64 GB)
- Photo formats – JPEG, JPEG + DNG
- Video Formats – MP4 / MOV (MPEG-4 AVC / H.264)
- Supported SD Cards – microSD (max. Capacity: 256 GB)
- 48 kHz AAC audio output
- Controlled range – panning: from + 50 ° to -230 °
- Inclination: from + 50 ° to -95 °
- Rotation: ± 45 °
- Maximum speed Controlled – 120 ° / s
- Type – LiPo
- Capacity – 875 mAh
- Energy 6,738 Wh
- Voltage 7.7 V
- Operating temperature 0 – 40 ºC (32 – 104 ºF)
- Work time – 140 minutes
- Charging time – 73 minutes
Osmo Pocket has a small touch screen that allows you to perform some settings, but users can also connect an iPhone or Android phone (comes with USB-C and Lightning adapters) to have a larger screen and simpler controls through the company's application.
The ads also have several options and capture modes, such as “Story Mode”, which uses a combination of recording templates and predefined camera movements to help create professional-quality video at any time with the ability to add filters and sound bands and Pro mode, which allows you manually adjust various parameters such as aperture, ISO and shutter speed.
DJI showed that they will sell several accessories for Pocket Osmo, such as adapters for external microphones, a waterproof case, Wi-Fi and much more.
DJI Osmo Pocket will be available from December 15 with a suggested price in the United States of $ 349.