Sunday , January 24 2021

Black Friday discounts boost e-commerce in Latin America



Despite local e-commerce initiatives, Black Friday, traditional and happening in the United States, has expanded throughout America, becoming one of the most important discount days in Latin America. The 2018 edition, which begins this Friday, November 23, suggests important sales results in the region, with growth from 105% to 225% in national turnover compared to regular Friday.

Black Friday discounts boost e-commerce in Latin America – EFE

The most important event at a discount per year is attractive to 50% of Colombians who plan to make purchases during the day, according to information published by Picodi.com. The same study also showed that Colombians would spend an average of 556,000 Colombian pesos (about $ 185), mostly with credit card payments.

The Ecuadorian market, on its part, is one of the most active for the weekend on Black Friday, with 85% percent of customers, as evidenced by Black Friday Global and Eureknow consultant. The same sources also reported that 10% of Ecuadorians have a budget of more than $ 1,000 for their purchases, while the remaining 90% will spend between $ 100 and $ 700, preferring purchases on virtual platforms.

Peruvian consumer, despite its neighbors, is a bit more demanding in terms of quality, so the price is just one of the options. Despite this, it is estimated that at least 53% of Peruvians will participate in Black Friday 2018, only 1% higher than Chilean consumers, who, according to Picody, will participate in 53%. Average Peruvian spending is about 714 soles (about $ 210), and Chileans will pay from 155,000 to 197,000 Chilean pesos (about $ 230 and $ 300).

On the contrary, the participation of Mexican and Argentine consumers does not even reach 50%. The Picodi study shows that 28% of Argentines will participate in Black Friday 2018, and the participation of Mexicans – 41%. It should be noted that over the weekend, from 16 to 19 November, Mexico celebrated its local version of Black Friday. The e-commerce initiative, dubbed the “Good End”, envisages that the turnover of its eighth edition will be about 97 million pesos (about $ 5 million).

Four days before the close of El Buen Fin, Mexican consumers spend between 4237 and 5545 pesos (about $ 200 and $ 270) for this Black Friday. While south of the continent, Argentines will spend between 6,437 and 6,770 pesos (about 170 and 190 dollars), maintaining a rising trend that supports e-commerce in Argentina and has not been affected by a decrease in consumption, He has crossed the country since the beginning .

The Picodi data also indicates that the purchase intention is mainly pulsed and spontaneous for 68% of Chileans, 60.5% of Argentines, 58% of Colombians and 51% of Peruvians; Unlike the Mexican consumer, who in 54% had previously analyzed what they would buy.

According to statistics, consumers in Colombia, Mexico, Argentina, Peru, Chile and Ecuador agree with the preferences by category and highlight fashion, electronics and cosmetics as the most popular during Black Friday. In addition, the most commonly used devices for online shopping in the region are mainly smartphones, and then desktop computers, laptops, and finally, with fewer mentions, tablets.

Black Friday, which passes the day after Thanksgiving, symbolically opens the Christmas sale and represents an opportunity that makes great savings from anywhere in the world through electronic commerce possible. However, it should be noted that the average debt on the continent for such events is equivalent to 60% of the monthly salary of customers, as reported in credit card franchises in the region.

Copyright © 2018 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.


Source link