Participants share their secrets:
- Potato removes food stains from the fingers. Slice the potatoes and use the open side to rub stained skin, wash as usual. Presented by: Edna
- This vanilla (not imitation) is great for protection against ticks and mosquitoes. Wipe the vanilla on the skin and let it dry, mosquitoes will not bother you, and your skin will smell sweet. Presented by: Betty
- Glitter jewelry. Soak the silver in the water in which the potatoes were boiled. Let stand for 1 hour. Rinsing. Submitted by: S.S.
- White shoe polish is not smeared, if the hairspray is applied to the shoes after it dries. Presented by: Darren (Rina’s note: white shoe polish will look more evenly if rubbed with alcohol before polishing).
- If you need to clean the windshield, but you don’t hold the scraper in gloves badly, but don’t want to tear off your fingers, find an old or cheap pair of gloves. Cut a hole in the upper part – large enough – near and right in front of the middle finger. Thread the scraper handle until it is inside the gauntlet. Voila! Grip and warm! Presented by: Rehoy
- I want to sing praise spring tension rod. I used it to put quick curtains on the windows (just drape the fabric a couple of times), and you don’t need to make holes in the molding. I also put rods from front to back on the wall of my cabinets for storing various items. I use large (rods for bath sheets) in my workroom to hang a cloth for steaming and measuring. I placed them in the doorways and closed the doorways with curtain panels (I removed the doors so that they did not take up so much space in the room when they were open). One fit in my bathroom above the sink as a towel holder (I covered it with a fabric tube). And yes, I use one for my shower curtain. The main advantage is that you can often repair with a very small amount of sewing. Presented by: Patty
- To make the cat litter have a fresh smell, mix baby powder with the litter. Submitted by: Eric
- Cure hiccups every time. Slice a lemon wedge, dip it in sugar and eat a lemon. Not only does it taste good, but the hiccup disappears. Submitted by: L.B.
- Before applying to the vibrating grinders, sanding with sandpaper using adhesive tape – it will last five times longer. Submitted by: Denis
- Before throwing raw pasta in a pot of boiling water, firmly take them with both hands (one on top of the other). Turn both hands in opposite directions and lower the pasta into the pan. Pasta forks at the edges of the pan and cook evenly. Presented by: Adrianne
- To prevent your eyes from burning when cutting onions, place a cutting board next to the hood above the stove. It pulls couples up and away to prevent tears. Submitted by: Grant
- If you do not have enough liquid dough to fill in all cake molds, pour 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of water into the unfilled places. It helps to keep your pans alive. Submitted By: Anonymous
- Remove the permanent marker from the countertops and appliances, wiping them with alcohol and a paper towel. Presented by: Janice
- If your tongue is burned due to hot fluid, eliminate the pain by sprinkling the burn with sugar and let it dissolve. Submitted by: Jordan
Happy New Year!
To share tips with Rina Nerbas, visit her website – reena.ca