Saturday , October 19 2019
Home / canada / "The biggest misunderstanding": Mother explains why she left the placenta, the forceps in the park

"The biggest misunderstanding": Mother explains why she left the placenta, the forceps in the park

Jackie Dunham, Staff

Published Thursday, November 29, 2018 8:58 EST

Updated Thursday, November 29, 2018 10:45 am EST

The mother who left the bloodied placenta, the umbilical cord and the forceps in Mississauge, Ont. the park, which incited a massive police search, calls this incident a “misunderstanding” and says that it simply returned its post-fertilization to nature.

On Monday afternoon, a passer-by, who was walking with his dog, found evidence of an apparent birth rate in Woods Sugar Maple. Because of concerns about the safety of the mother and her child, Peel Regional Police conducted a large-scale search in this area and published a public notice calling for information on the case.

The next morning, Natasha Das Gupta received a call from her mother, who told her: "I think your placenta is in all the news."

The 27-year-old mother told CP24 that she had a daughter in a house in Brampton, Ont. over a year ago. She said she keeps everything from birth, including the placenta and medical instruments, and stores them in a bag in the freezer.

After her daughter recently turned into a year, Das Gupta said that she thought it was time to do something with the postpartum period.

“I wanted to do something really natural with her,” she explained. “I didn't just want to throw it in the trash, and no, the compost box was not the best choice. I really wanted to do something really beautiful and serene and just return something natural back to nature. ”

On Friday evening, Das Gupta said that she grabbed a Tupperware container containing her after giving birth from the freezer and went to a nearby park.

"I went to the forest myself, and I found a good place, you know, humble, no one will find it, and I got it in Tupperware, and I threw it somewhere in a secluded state and collected my plastic, and thought all, "she said.

Das Gupta said she almost forgot about it, until she received a call from her mother on Tuesday morning.

“I was like,“ Oh my God, ”she said of her initial reaction.

At the urging of her friends and family, Das Gupta said that she called the police to inform them that the placenta belonged to her, and she and her baby were in order. She said that she understood that there were people who probably were really worried about her and her baby, so she decided that she should call the police.

After her telephone conversation with officer Das Gupta, she said that she went to the police station to testify for the camera, that she had abandoned the postpartum period and provided them with a DNA sample. She said she said that she could eventually return her and do whatever she wanted with her.

Das Gupta called the whole experience “surrealistic” and said that he had never thought that something so personal would become so public.

“It was like the biggest misunderstanding in my life,” she said.

Source link