We are often advised to make sure that all the latest Windows updates are installed in the name of security, as well as provide access to all the latest features. But sometimes things go wrong, as KB4505903 for Windows 10 shows.
This cumulative update was released some time ago – on July 26, to be precise – but over the past weeks there have been problems with Bluetooth. You may find that you cannot connect a Bluetooth speaker or the sound quality is terrible. Microsoft has a workaround.
This update applies to Windows 10 version 1903, and since its release, Microsoft has warned that "there may be problems on the computer with the internal speaker installed." In a support article, a company explains three main problems that may arise:
- The Bluetooth speaker cannot connect to the computer.
- The Bluetooth speaker can be connected to a computer. However, the speaker output sounds noisy (poor quality).
- The Bluetooth speaker can be connected to a computer. However, the sound is generated by the internal speaker, not the Bluetooth device.
In addition, Microsoft says that “in the device manager, you noticed an entry under the“ Sound, video and game controllers ”node for Microsoft Bluetooth A2dp Source, which displays a yellow explosion icon (exclamation mark).”
Currently, the workaround is to use the system file checker tool:
1. Open a command console using administrative privileges.
2. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
SFC / SCANNOW
The note Command execution may take several minutes.
3. After the process is complete, restart the computer.
Credit Photos: Wiktoria Pawlak / Shutterstock