Tuesday , November 19 2019
Home / canada / Mom warns of the danger of magnetic toys after the emergency operation of her son

Mom warns of the danger of magnetic toys after the emergency operation of her son



Image via Fox 6 News Milwaukee

Popular magnetic toys are a very real, very serious danger.

Mom's viral post now makes headlines, warning parents about the dangers of magnetic toys. After accidentally swallowing 13 magnets from one toy, her son had to undergo emergency surgery to remove part of his intestines and colon.

Jennifer White, a mother from Wisconsin, initially shared the terrible ordeal of her 4-year-old son Beck in a post on Facebook.

“We are heading to Milwaukee Children's Hospital,” she writes. "Beck and Mom take an ambulance, and Dad meets us there."

Image via Facebook / Jennifer White

Apparently, White’s son opened a magnetic toy and swallowed 13 tiny magnets. “I feel guilty for AF and terribly publish it, but I don’t want another child to go through this,” she says. “If you have small or gum, it is dangerous, and we remove them from our home. Dogs can hack them too. ”

After the patient appeared and vomited, White and her husband immediately sent Beck to the hospital, where he had an operation to remove part of the large intestine, intestine, and appendix. According to FOX 6 News, magnets created holes and infection in his intestines. In recent publications, White said that her son is still in the hospital and is trying to recover from the infection.

The dangers of magnetic toys are what the pediatrician of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) warned about. If magnets are swallowed, they can be poured with enough force to cause serious and life-threatening damage to the digestive system.

White tells FOX 6 News that she doesn’t want other parents to tolerate what she and her family are going through, so she shared her story publicly. Like someone who just bought Picasso's magnetic tiles for my three year old this is christmas and had no idea about it – personally, I am very grateful that she shared this story.

“It was such a simple toy,” says White. “We made sure that he was old enough, the age on the box, I chewed it myself. It sounds crazy, but I have children with special needs, and sometimes you need to go a little more, and I did it to make sure … If you have them at home, make sure you know when playing with them, don't let children have it themselves. ”

Accidental ingestion can cause symptoms of abdominal pain, vomiting and fever.


Source link