SÃO PAULO, SP (FOLHAPRESS) – Black Friday’s promotions, which will take place next Friday (23), still breed a lot of distrust among Brazilians. According to SPC Brazil, 63.8% are afraid of becoming victims of fraud with bank data theft or cloning of cards during the promotion period.
In addition, almost all respondents in the SPC survey (87.2%) stated that they are seeking to know the reputation of the online store before making purchases.
According to a survey of Reclame Here, 49% of Brazilians believe that the elimination of the period is completely reliable.
For President Reclame here, Mauricio Vargas, consumer perceptions have improved since Black Friday arrived in Brazil. “Brazilians understand more before buying than a few years ago, and at the same time, the largest companies correct their mistakes of the past. I think it will be the best black friday compared to other years, ”he says.
In addition to promotions (when a store increases the price until Black Friday and then reduces them), consumers also need to monitor online fraud.
Messages distributed by WhatsApp, which offer discount tickets, according to the Claim Here website, are used to capture email and then information about banking services.
The company "Kaspersky Lab" on cybersecurity discovered fraud, distributed by Facebook, as well as participation in the advertising period.
The posts of the proposed company offered a Black credit card with low profitability. In addition to stealing data, fraudsters transported US $ 34.90, an indicator that victims paid through a ticket to gain access to the card.
BOLTS AND PHRASES
– Do not click on unknown links, even those that were received by friends and relatives. They can download malware to your device or direct you to pages that collect personal data;
– Check who owns the site. Found an unknown website with attractive offers? Before you buy, check out the PROCON list, as well as Registro.br, in the “Whois” session, which tells you who registered the site. Scammers usually use free email addresses to register a domain (Hotmail, Gmail, etc.);
– Be suspicious of SMS messages and ads on Facebook. This is the latest modality of the coup. To confirm that the offer displayed on the social network is real, go to the official website of the seller and find the advertised product;
– Do not do business or online banking connection when connected to a public Wi-Fi network;
– Install a security solution on your device that has integrated technology to prevent financial fraud.
DON'T FORGET YOUR RIGHTS
– the product can be changed if it is faulty;
– The deadline for refusal to purchase online is seven days;
– Exchange of the product is optional, unless it makes a purchase. Follow e-commerce exchange policies;
– If there is a delay in delivery of the product, the customer must claim its right to refund the amount paid or replace the product;
– Consumer protection code is not valid in the case of purchases made directly from individuals.