Careerjunction published his comprehensive review of salaries for 2018, showing that South Africans are currently earning over 100 job categories in 10 major sectors.
The salary survey contains the latest up-to-date salary information in the country, as well as regional differences in monthly remuneration. It is based on real salary offers on the CareerJunction website for the period from May to November 2018.
In the last year of the review, salary ranges for middle and senior level killings in 10 areas are specifically addressed.
These salary ranges represent a monthly payment for the company's labor costs and serve only as an indicator of the average salary for each occupation, the group said.
Salaries listed below are divided by sector and include average regional payment differences. BusinessTech allocates jobs with the highest and lowest salaries – although it should be noted that wages are specified in the form of a range and will vary depending on the level of seniority and skill level.
** indicates where salary information is not available due to low market demand for these skill sets.
Admin, office and support
- Maximum paid: Health, safety and environment – R36 264
- The lowest money: Switch and Reception – R9,119
Architecture and Design
- Maximum paid: Civil / Structural Engineering – R70 826
- The lowest money: Technological engineer / draftsman – R20,943
Construction and Construction
- Maximum paid: Structural Engineering – R78,264
- The lowest money: Metal, cast iron, steel and reinforcement work – R19,833
- Maximum paid: Financial Management – R79,002
- The lowest money: Financial Services Advisory – R13,567
- Maximum paid: IT Management – R66,141
- The lowest money: Network Systems and Administration – R27,667
Production and assembly
- Maximum paid: Installation Management – R72,583
- The lowest money: Assembly and manufacture – R15,333
- Maximum paid: Marketing Management – R56,275
- The lowest money: Assistance – R13 451
Medicine and health
- Maximum paid: Pharmacist – R46,025
- The lowest money: Pharmaceutical Assistant – 13 700
- Maximum paid: Sales Management – R52,890
- The lowest money: Sales Office – R11,953
Warehousing and Logistics
- Maximum paid: Logistics Management – R52,048
- The lowest money: Sending and Receiving – R9,354
Read: Here's how salary rises in South Africa over the next 12 months.